Everything You Need to Know About 4-Channel Amp for Your Car
One of the biggest reasons why your car stereo is having some sort of distortion is because of the built-in amplifier. Amplifiers play a huge part in an automotive sound system; and if you want a better music experience while driving in your car, you need a quality amplifier – a 4-channel amp.
What is 4-channel amp?
A 4-channel amp is simply an amplifier with 4-equal and separate channels that are used to power two sets of speakers. Some 4-channel amplifiers can be bridged to two or three channels, and just like a single or 2-channel amp, the 4-channel amplifier contains a power supply, channel models, and stereo system that should be compatible.
Why do you need an amp? As one of the common questions that you’ll often hear, you are probably asking the same question. Owning a 4-channel amp will give you the following advantages:
• Better sound quality
• Power-up for upgraded speakers
• To power-up a subwoofer
Even though the single, 2-channel and the 4-channel amps may have the above-mentioned functions, some 4-channel amplifiers are designed slightly different from others, where you may find additional features such as crossovers or bass boost.
If you are ready to replace your current automobile stereo amplifier, here are the top things that you should take note when looking for the best one for your car at an affordable price:
- You should look for a 4-channel amplifier that will give you a higher signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) – higher SNR (90dB and above) will overcome any electrical noise.
- The built-in crossovers should give you a great-sounding system– According to the experts, amplifiers with built-in high-pass crossovers will give you a full range of a sound system. Thus, a low-pass crossover bass will give a better accompaniment.
- Your next 4-channel amplifier must have a great design – Car amps with better design offers a better sound; in fact, there is a huge difference between low-quality car amps (mostly cheap) and high-quality car amps in terms of sound production. So, make sure not to compromise value over price; instead, read more details of the amplifier that you are about to purchase.
- Check the RMS power-rating– One of the essential things that you should do when buying a car amp is checking its RMS power-rating. Does it follow the Amplifier Power Standard as directed by the CEA or Consumer Electronics Association? According to the experts, a better performing amp is accommodated with adequate power.
There are more things to know about great sounding 4 channel amps, but to make it easier for you, here are the top quality 4-channel amps that are interestingly affordable:
• Alpine MRV-F300
• JL Audio XD400/4v2
• Rockford Fosgate Punch P400X4
• MTX Audio Thunder 75.4
• Alpine KTP-445U Mini Amp
To get additional details on these, you should check them out right now at a reliable review site like the SoundCertified.
Amplifiers play a huge role in the automobile sound system; if you want to experience better music inside your car while driving, you should try investing 4-channel amplifier.